Creative Composition – Beyond the Snapshot
Robert Capa, founder of the prestigious photo agency - Magnum, once said: "If your pictures aren't good enough, you aren't close enough." If only it was so simple! Composition could be the most important tool in the photographer's bag of tricks, but how do we gain compositional skills? Whether you are using AUTO mode or you are an advanced amateur, this course aims to help you develop your "visual literacy" so that you can compose more effective images when looking through your viewfinder. This course will help tune your visual skills by combining theoretical discussions with hands-on shooting exercises.
|* Course fee includes an informal lunch (sandwich, chips, fruit and water).|
|2015 Dates:||13. Jun | 28. Nov
(REGISTER to select your date)
|Time||10:00 - 16:30|
|Location||Viewfinder Center for Photography - Else Züblin-Str. 115, 8404 Winterthur|
|Format||Hands-on, interactive learning taught by a working professional photographer|
|Experience Level||All levels - Participants should already know how to operate their camera and be able to control exposure and focus|
|Requirements||digital compact (point & shoot), digital SLR, or mirrorless camera. Don't forget to charge your battery and clear off your memory card.|
|Class Size||Minimum of 6 students; maximum of 10|
|Instructor||David Hamilton or Matt Anderson|
|Fee||CHF 275 per person*|
During this full-day course, you will learn:
- Composition techniques: ‘Rule of thirds’, pattern and repetition, lines and angles, framing and more.
- How to use selective focus and depth of field to create emphasis in your photos.
- How to change and use exposure for impact and for creating dramatic silhouettes.
- How to select image orientation for visual balance and effect.
- How to bring dull topics to life by creating camera movement.
Please review our payment and cancellation policy before registering for your course or workshop.